Let's see if we can set aside a time to talk about many of the security issues (we can include privacy and trust here too) that we think need to be addressed in the Future Internet Architectures.

I'm willing to head this up if there is enough interest in doing this. Please post here or message me in Ning and let's see what we can come up with.

Thanks.

Views: 187

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I definitely think a security-oriented conversation would be useful. I noticed many recurring security/trust issues in the presentations, and I'd like to compare notes. I mentioned the possibility of such a meeting (and perhaps other cross functional meetings like virtualization) to David. He said that he'd bring it up with the planning group, but was concerned that our discussion would not feed back to the more traditional network folks. At worst, perhaps we can have a discussion during lunch or dinner tomorrow.
Sounds good. I would definitely like for us to get together and come up with the common challenges and themes so we can share it with others to help them plan and account for the security needs of their proposed Internet Architectures.

Susan Hinrichs said:
I definitely think a security-oriented conversation would be useful. I noticed many recurring security/trust issues in the presentations, and I'd like to compare notes. I mentioned the possibility of such a meeting (and perhaps other cross functional meetings like virtualization) to David. He said that he'd bring it up with the planning group, but was concerned that our discussion would not feed back to the more traditional network folks. At worst, perhaps we can have a discussion during lunch or dinner tomorrow.
Just as an FYI to all the folks I talked with this afternoon...

The facilitators have noted that all the special sessions (including ours) will meet at 0900 hrs. or so tomorrow and *NOT* 0830 hrs.

So sometime after 0900 hrs. we'll have our special interest group session. All are welcome :}

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by David Clark.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service